This GAQC Web event, GASB Leases: What Preparers & Auditors Need to Know to be Ready for Implementation, will be held on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Eastern Time). Because this topic should also be of interest to SLGs, we encourage you to invite your clients to attend using the non-GAQC member registration link below.
While GASB Statement No. 87, Leases, is not effective until periods ending in December 2020, there is much work to do ahead of time to be ready. This standard will greatly affect lessee accounting but likewise impact lessors and both perspectives will be covered in this event.
The event will:
- Discuss an overview of the single model for recording leases (i.e., capitalization);
- Discuss lessor considerations;
- Analyze the importance of creating a lease inventory;
- Identify issues related to defining leases, including separation components (e.g., maintenance and the asset); and
- Analyze early auditor considerations.
The presenters for this event are: Stephen Blann, CPA, Rehmann; and Chris Pembrook, CPA, Crawford & Associates, P.C.
GAQC Member Registration
: GAQC members can register now using the CPE or no-CPE options
Non-GAQC Member Registration
: Invite your clients to register now using the public CPE option
To ensure you receive CPE for this Web event, please complete your online registration by noon on Tuesday, March 12, 2019
. If you are interested in registering a group, the above Web event registration page provides you with "how to" and pricing information. A "Webcast Group Viewing
" document also provides additional instructions.